Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Project 4 Final

December 12th, 2015

Dear Professor Rodrigo and fellow classmates,

Throughout the semester, I have learned much about my personal writing process and have been able to identify and appreciate different styles written by peers. My writing process has stayed consistently the same throughout the semester, which is called being a heavy reviser. For my first blog post, I decided that “Out of these four types of writers, I would consider my writing to be in the heavy revisers type” (Duron 2015). Even at the end of the semester, I still think that my writing style would be categorized under a heavy reviser. Being a heavy reviser gives me the opportunity to correct many errors that I make during my first few drafts.

The assignments completed each week help me plan and work on the big projects that were due. These assignments were able to get my mind thinking on what I needed to get done and help ideas flow into the project. One of the assignments that was tremendously helpful was the annotated bibliographies. This assignment helped me work on my APA citations and was important for my projects by showing me how to integrate other articles that were related to the subject I was working on. As for editing papers for my peers, this stage of the project helped both my peers work and my own. While editing other students work, I was able to see things that I could improve on in my own paper. I deeply appreciated feedback from the rest of the class on my project because they saw issues that I might have missed or even suggested ways to adjust my paper for the better.

The different genres were interesting to work with as we moved from project to project. I had never done a QRG or an animated presentation before so it was interesting to try something new. I was a bit intimidated by these new projects at first but now that they are completed I feel that I could replicate similar projects. These projects helped me strengthen my purpose and work on identifying my audience. I used to think of writing as just essay papers, but as we near the end of the semester, I have a better understanding on how to complete different projects. By opening my eyes to different genres, I can see how different genres can be better options to getting information across to people.

For next semester, I will be taking many policy classes, and although I haven’t taken many of these, I predict that they will consist of many writing assignments. As for how writing will be integrated in my career, I foresee that I will be having to write many reports about incidents briefing events. The work that I put into this class will help me organize my future work. A QRG could be considered similar to a briefing report so I will use what I learned in writing QRG to help. This class has been very helpful with how I prepare my work along with teaching me how to properly address my audience and stick to my purpose.

Sincerely,



Steven Duron

No comments:

Post a Comment