Wednesday, September 2, 2015

2.3 My Discipline

ClkerFreeVectorImages Uploaded 1 year ago
Have an interest in the law system? The major Administration of Justice helps students learn more information about the criminal justice system and prepares them for this system. A major similar to mine is Criminal Justice; both majors focus on the justice system. A student with a degree in these majors have different options when searching for a career after school. The student may proceed in law enforcement, or pursue a law degree, or maybe head towards corrections and parole. The criminal justice system has always been very interesting to me, preventing crime and helping society. I have a couple family members that have been in different departments which has only fueled my interest in this subject.

Today, law enforcement officers have been getting looked at more closely due to recent events across the nation. I would say this is a pretty important series of events that are occurring in my field. Although there are many scholarly journals that are published throughout my field of study, three have stuck out to me. The first one being titled "Criminal Justice and Behavior" published through Sage Journals. A second journal is "Crime and Delinquency" also published by Sage Journals. "Criminology" is published by Wiley Online Library. All of these journals produce work relating to the Criminal Justice field.

Steven Duron

REFLECTION: After reviewing other students posts, I found that they are in pursuit of interesting jobs and careers. There is always news in different fields of study that is important for that subject. Also I learned that the blogs posted by Andrew and Michael had very different topics than my post.

1 comment:

  1. Your interest is intriguing due to the fact that you want to help society.society. I'm glad you mentioned the focus that justice has had. Many events have happened directing the attention to law enforcers. It would be interesting to learn more about your discipline, and what the future will lead it too.

    ReplyDelete