Friday, September 25, 2015

5.6 Reflection on Project 1

  • What challenges did you face during the Quick Reference Guide project and how did you deal with them?
  • What successes did you experience on the project and how did they happen?
  • What kinds of arguments, rhetorical strategies, design choices and writing practices did you find the most effective for your project? Why?
  • What kinds of arguments, rhetorical strategies, design choices and writing practices did you find were not effective for your project? Why?
  • How was the writing process for this project similar to other school writing experiences you’ve had in the past?
  • How was the writing process for this project different from other school writing experiences you’ve had in the past?
  • Would any of the skills you practiced for this project be useful in your other coursework? Why or why not?
-One of my challenges that I faced was that for me it was difficult to equally represent both sides of my controversy. Not because I favored one side or the other, but because I found it difficult to find the same amount of information on both sides.

-Some success that I experienced during the creation of my project was finding a topic that was known by our whole society. I felt my topic was quite popular as it has been on the news multiple times and has impacted many cities across the nation.

-I found it effective to tell both sides of my controversy one after another instead of listing both sides one after another. I also found my cluster map to help with my organization of thoughts as I was writing the QRG

-This QRG has been similar to how I would conduct other projects by being able to display both sides of an argument within the paper. By doing so, I was able to show where each side of the controversy was coming from and explain their reasoning.

-This QRG was different from other projects because I’ve never had to just give an overview of a topic and discuss both sides. Normally for most of my other projects, it would be multiple pages and I would have to deeply analyze both sides of the controversy.


-Some skill I learned from completing this project could be useful in the future. One of these skills would be the ability to give the general or important issues of a specific topic. This could help me conduct my introductions and conclusions more effectively.

Steven

1 comment:

  1. Do you think issues only have "two sides"? What about shades of gray?

    ReplyDelete