Sunday, October 18, 2015

8.5 Revised Conclusion

I think that my original conclusion is similar to my revised conclusion. I thought that my conclusion paragraph was acceptable. However, I did try to reduce my wordiness in my revised conclusion.

Original Conclusion:

Cassia Spohn’s article “Race, Crime, and Punishment in the Twentieth and Twenty-First Centuries” is a good example of how professionals within the field of Criminal Justice write scholarly articles. By identifying the right audience and the ability to get her message across to her readers, she is able to accurately display her argument. Spohn enforces her argument by using multiple strategies that help strengthen the idea that there is discrimination at multiple levels of the criminal justice system throughout the nation.

Revised Conclusion:

Spohn is able to address her audience about her topic about minority discrimination by the criminal justice system. In her article "Race, Crime, and Punishment in the Twentieth and Twenty-First Centuries,” she is able to enhance her article by the use of rhetorical strategies such as her appealing to emotion, logic, and credibility. The use of these strategies helps Spohn explain how the criminal justice system discriminates against minorities and provides a solution for problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment